The following classes are open for PCs
(as long as the conditions, if any, are met):
- Bard -- After 1st level. Must be
- Battle Sorcerer
- Cleric -- After 1st level. The
only clerics encountered in the Moonshaes are those of Istishia and
Tempus. Must be trained.
- Druid -- Must be trained.
- Hunter (ranger variant without
- Mystic (Favored Soul in Complete
Divine) -- After 1st level.
- Paladin -- After 1st level. Must be
- Ranger -- Must be trained.
- Scout (wilderness oriented rogue variant)
- Sorcerer (Book of Eldritch Might
- Swashbuckler (from Complete
Warrior) -- After 1st level.
- Unfettered (from Arcana
Unearthed) -- Many Northlander raiders are Unfettered.
- Warmain (from Arcana
Unearthed) -- After 1st level. Must be trained.
- Witch (homebrew) -- Must be
- Wizard -- After 1st level. Must be
Any class that requires training
cannot be entered until that training is obtained. Once trained,
a character can advance in the class normally without further
instruction. However, seeking instruction will help in advancement
(represented by a bonus in experience awards).
The following Prestige Classes are open
to PCs. Anything outside of this list would require approval.
- Arcane Trickster (DMG)
- Divine Champion (Player's Guide to
- Divine Disciple (Player's Guide to
- Divine Seeker (Player's Guide to
- Duelist (DMG)
- Invisible Blade (Complete Warrior)
- Master Thrower (Complete Warrior)
- Shadow Adept (Player's Guide to
- Shadowdancer (DMG)
The above list will no doubt grow as I
examine more Prestige Classes. I'll probably add barred PrCs as well.
|TRAITS AND FLAWS
- The Traits and Flaws introduced in
Unearthed Arcana are available. PCs may take one Trait and one Flaw
at first level.
- The Speak Language skill is considered to be a general skill for all
the classes listed above. Learning to speak a language costs 1 skill point. If the character is already familiar with the alphabet used for that language, literacy is automatically gained as well. However, if the alphabet is unfamiliar to the character, gaining literacy in the language will cost an additional skill point.
- Ritualism and Religion have been
added as Skills (descriptions forthcoming).
- Unfettered Skill List: Open Locks
is removed from the skill list and replaced with Listen.
- Ride is a Trained Only Skill.
- Toughness: In addition to
the 3 bonus hit points this feat grants, it also increases the
negative hit point total a character can reach before dying by 3.
- When a character gains a new level,
the player may choose to take an average roll (rounded up) for his
or her hit point increase, rather than rolling a die.
|INJURY AND DEATH
- Characters die when they reach a
negative hit point amount equal to their Constitution score (instead
|WEAPONS, ARMOR, AND EQUIPMENT
- The Weapon Size system introduced
in 3.5 is being ignored. The 3rd edition rules are being used
- Buff spells, such as Bull's
Strength and Cat's Grace, have a duration of 10 minutes
- Invisibility has a duration
of 10 minutes per level.
- Fly has a duration of 10
minutes per level.